Here are some supplies to get you started. Starting at the top of the photo and working clockwise:
- A spray box is a must when using mists, It will help contain the overspray! I made mine from a few old boxes. A large packing box makes a great spray box.
- Gesso or Flexible Modeling paste are two examples of mediums that can be used to add dimension to pages when used with templates.
- Palette knives to spread the
- Paper towels and baby wipes ... because mists and mediums are messy!
- Painters tape or washi tape to hold the template in place.
- Templates! Commercial templates are generally made of a durable, flexible plastic.
- A Teflon mat (for easy cleanup).
- Mists - Smooch, Heidi Swapp and Tattered Angels are all good options.
- Canned air to clear clogged mists.
In addition to the items pictured, you can use paints, chalks, crayons, colored pencils, inks, etc. to apply color with a template.