Thursday, March 12, 2015

Misting Over Gesso and Flexible Modeling Paste

Yesterday, I played around with applying gesso and flexible modeling paste to paper using a template to control where the paste appeared. After the gesso and flexible modeling paste dried (this step took several hours), I sprayed both with mists. I tried 3 brands; Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Tattered Angels and Smooch. All worked well. Below is a photo of the results. 


The paper on the left has gesso. The paper on the right has flexible modeling paste. I placed the template over the dried medium and sprayed a variety of mists. You need to use care as you spray. The mists tends to pool, so a light application is preferable. I used blues and greens with a little bit of gold on the left hand paper. On the paper with the flexible modeling paste, I used gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine. 


The photo above is a detail of the gesso'd paper. I really like that the colors appear more vibrant on the gesso.

Use care when removing the template. Try not to move the paper until it has dried. 

No comments:

Post a Comment