Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Travel Journaling. Keeping it Simple.

Last week, I was rummaging through a box in which I keep blank mini books.  The box is full of books that I have bought with the idea that they would make a fun mini album.  Sometimes I do something with them quickly, but often they just sit in the box, waiting for a project.  Some of the books are clearly designed with scrapbooking in mind, but others were intended for something else. 
While looking through the box, I came across a Real Simple book (it is called an index card wheel) that I picked up a Target a few years ago.  At first I thought it would make a neat autograph book for our upcoming vacation.  But I came across a more tradition book for that purpose.  Today, it dawned on me that it will make the perfect book to take with me on vacation to record all of the stuff that happens.  The whole book is just 4x6 inches by about an inch deep, so a perfect size to throw in a handbag.  There are lines already printed on the pages, to keep my writing straight!  Since the pages are perforated, I can just pull the cards out of the book and use them on a layout.    

Now all I have to do is remember to pack it … oh yeah, and write in it!

No comments:

Post a Comment