Friday, November 18, 2011

Striving for Perfection

I am so glad that you have joined me in the Green House on the Hill this week.  Today, I will be sharing the last of my old Christmas cards with you.  I hope that you have enjoyed looking at our cards over the years. Today’s card is all about capturing the perfect photo and using the perfect Christmas themed product.  So often when we start a papercrafting project we first look for the perfect photo and then for the perfect product to match the occasion.  On this card I threw that all out the window. 

First let’s start with the photo shoot.  I don’t know how photo shoots with children go in your world, but in mine two things happen.  The girls happily pose for about 20 or so photos and then one or all of them get tired.  Out of those photos, there are a bunch with glare on their glasses, closed eyes and funny expressions.  But that doesn’t stop my quest for the perfect photo … ok, so it does.  At some point, I have to make the decision to just go with the best of the bunch.  This particular year, two of the three girls were looking at the camera, which for me was good enough!
The next decision I needed to make was the product that I was going to use for the card.  Usually, I start with the cutest Christmas themed paper I can find.  Instead, I found a really cute pad of K & Company paper by Amy Butler that worked well with the red in my daughters’ shirts.  It wasn’t Christmas themed and didn’t contain a bit of red.  In fact it was loaded with pink, green and brown, but it was perfect for my purposes.  On the inside, I printed the dreaded Christmas letter!  I kept it short and sweet, since space was limited.  The finished card measures 4 ¼” by 5 ½”, which fits perfectly in an invitation size envelope.
So embrace the non-traditional and just be happy with the process.  Thanks for joining me this week … I will post the winner of the copy of Scrapbooking Holidays and Celebrations at 12 EST!

2 comments:

  1. This is really a nice card, Patty! I've enjoyed reading your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when we throw the "rules" out the window!!! :) Great card!

    ReplyDelete