Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Journaling on Vacation

In my last post, I showed you how I planned to journal my vacation.  Well we are home from vacation and this is how it worked.  I carried the book with me everywhere.  When I had a few minutes, i.e. while I was waiting for a table at a restaurant, I jotted down notes for the day, keeping in mind what I had photographed.  I either dated or wrote the day number of our trip on each page. 

If you know me well at all, you will realize that there is no way that I remembered to document everything.  So I made good use of my time on our flight home to scroll through all the photos that I took on my camera.  I made a list of what we did each day from the photos. 



Since we arrived home, I have been taking time to go through the cards that I wrote up on vacation and have tried to fill in the things I missed while it is still fresh in my mind.  I plan to use some version of Becky Higgin's Project Life Kit to finish documenting our trip. 

Thanks for stopping by the Green House on the Hill today.  I hope to have some examples of my book together soon.  I will post my progress!

2 comments:

  1. Very clever use of that little book of index cards. I think I have one of those around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great that you kept up with it the whole trip! Fantastic idea!

    ReplyDelete